Since I had sort of started a blog on myspace, I wanted to copy those to this blog. Here are my past blogs.
From September 1, 2007
Will is pretty much the funniest kid, ever! Today he was hitting the cake stand lid with a spoon. When asked what he was doing he said he was trying to break the lid so he could have cake. I about died laughing.
We went outside yesterday and he got into the ash bucket from the barbecue grill. I got on to him and his response was, "Mom, I'm workin on dinner for my big dogs. I'm fixin dinner, Mom."
He is just too funny!
------------------------------
From September 19, 2007
Quote of the Day
Me, "Do you want a half of a banana or a whole banana?"
Will, "I want a happy banana."
Seriously, he keeps me laughing, even when he is driving me crazy! I think that's a pretty good trade off...laughter for two-year-old antics.
--------
Later that day
Will said something really funny, AFTER I already posted the funny quote for the day. After putting 4 smokehouse almonds into his milk and then drinking it, he said, "Mom! This is disdusting (disgusting)" Where does he come up with words like disgusting?! He's only 2! I bet it was pretty gross, too!!
----------------------------------
From September 21, 2007
Ok, so last night we got to go to a Stars game with firm tickets...the seats were SO great. Third row isle seats right next to the Stars' penalty box! There were like 4 fights and a couple guys got checked on the glass right in front of our seats. I really like hockey, but it is a little boring sometimes, since I don't know all the ins and outs of the game...but this was amazing!
So funny game moment...I wanted to have a player that I cheered for and you know if I buy a jersey in the future, I wanted to actually know whose jersey I was buying and if he is good or he stinks etc, so I was watching pretty closely and noting the guys who made good plays and who stunk it up. On of the guys, 14, Barch, got in 3 fights, and while he was in the penalty box, I said, "oh that guy is really cute, and he has a temper, I think that will be my player." Josh laughed and was like yeah, whatever. Then the guy turned and talked to someone next to him in the penalty box and he had NO TEETH...like you could see 2 teeth in his whole mouth from our angle. My jaw dropped and Josh hit the floor laughing. He said he liked him now just on the fact that he had no teeth...it was shocking and revolting, all at once...but very funny!
Oh yeah, in Victory Center, there is a Pacciugo. You have to go there. It is so good. The owner is the guy who owns the shop in Inwood Village, and his sidekick guy who is always working would always tell Cory and me what to get when we went down for gelato after work at LBLP. Well, that guy also works at the Victory Center shop. Yeah, pretty much just go in and ask what they would suggest...and get it. They are never wrong. The Lime Mojito was so good and the Sea Salt Mediterranean Caramel was really good, too.
Pacciugo + Stars game + a night out with Josh = very happy me
---------------------------------
From October 2, 2007
so...at night we have little geckos all over the outside of our house. Tonight there was one on Will's window screen. He got so excited, but then promptly "blew the lizard away" by getting close to the glass and blowing on it. He would wait for the lizard to come back and then say, "Mom! my lizard is back! I am going to show him this book, or this toy fish..." He was so excited about "his lizard" it was too cute.
On another cute note, Allie walked 7 steps yesterday! She is also starting to give hugs and kisses...so sweet.
---------------------------------
From October 4, 2007
I went to the orthodontist yesterday to have my retainers adjusted...they didn't fit anymore. Today I was wearing them and Will said, "Mom, why do you have coathangers on your teeth?!"
---------------------------------
From October 5, 2007
I am pretty excited...I made a cute birthday present for my cousin's daughter tonight. I made her a blanket and then a matching little blanket and pillow for her baby doll. It was a great deal. I got the fabric for about $6 and it took about 2 hours from start to finish...it turned out so cute! I hope she likes it.
-------
I am so lucky! It hits me from time to time how lucky I am to have Josh. I sometimes think about the people I used to like and laugh....I think if I had actually dated or ended up with any of them, we would have killed eachother. I am well...a bit hard to live with...more like a real piece of work, sometimes.
Josh is amazing. He is brilliant. He is an attorney...a really good one :) He is patient. He thinks that I am funny and pretty...which for me is hard to believe...I don't think much of myself, so it is so nice to know that someone thinks highly of my appearance and personality. He is great at whatever he does. He actually built Will and Allie's crib, and he has a mind for business. When we lived in Austin someone put a self-cleaning litterbox out to the dumpster. He picked it up, fixed the 50 cent piece that was broken, and sold it for $100 on Ebay! Crazy!
He is so fun. We can do nothing or be super busy and it is still a great time. I just thought gushing would be appropriate! I could go on and on, but basically, he is "my penguin" (Never Been Kissed); my soulmate, and the love of my life.
I thank God for putting him in my life. If I had been on my own, I don't think we would have ended up together. How "coincidental" is this?
I was supposed to go to school in Virgina, but at the last minute, I ended up at SMU.
To get extra scholarship money, I joined Mustang band. He saw me the first day I was there. (he walked in to our drumline rehearsal and thought I had nice legs...my back was to him)
I happened to know an acquaintance of his...which actually started our first conversation.
I despised him...he was a real jerk to one of my friends, but for some reason, I couldn't stop thinking about him and kept randomly running into him on campus, at length, we began talking via IM, and our first conversation exceeded 2 hours.
His car was towed, which provided opportunity for him to ask my dad if he could marry me...
I quit my major and was going to have to transfer schools in order to afford it...that summer we were married. We moved to Austin, so he could start law school, and I was able to continue school...and in a great elementary ed. program...SMU didn't have elementary ed. at that time.
All of these things happened so quickly and without notice, really, until much later. But just one different decision or circumstance might have changed everything. I am so happy God knows what is supposed to happen in my life...I might have really screwed things up!
Thanks for humoring me. If you made it to the end, I hope you can tell how much I love my husband! You also deserve a very large piece of cake for listening to all of this! I needed a captive audience to gush to! Have a great night.
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment