Wednesday, October 15, 2008

StReSs

Things are super super stressful right now. I keep thinking, "what can I change, what can I do to fix this?" But, what I really need to keep thinking is,

Phil 4:6-7 "be anxious for nothing, but everything in prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God which surpasses all understanding shall guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."

and

2 Thess. 3:16 "May the Lord of peace Himself continually grant you peace in all circumstances."

and

Isaiah 25:3 "You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in You."

and

Psalm 143:8 "Let the morning bring me word of Your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul."

and

Matt 6:34 "Therefore, do not be anxious for tomorrow, for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

and

Phil 4:19 "And my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus."

This is what I should be thinking. How feeble minded, to become overwhelmed with things of the day which are like a breath in the grand scheme of things, especially since I have a heavenly father who cares for, provides for, and loves me.

Regrouping like this helps my perspective and makes me less stressed. Thank God we have a loving, real god. I can't imagine the hopelessness and anxiety without faith in God; a God who graciously let us, sinners condemned to death, into His presence with sacrifices,the Law, and belief in a savior, and then through His son, a fulfillment of the Law, who through his death and resurrection allowed us into a personal relationship with Him -- allowed us an eternity in His presence, if we just believe and obey. Such a humbling and glorious thought that God, holy and perfect WANTS to know us and made provision for us that we could be with Him FOREVER! How great is that?!

1 comment:

Christi Malunowe said...

What a great entry!! This was good for me to read!