Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Parenting

I got a glimpse of how God must feel when we decided to belligerently go against His will. Will and Allie refused to take naps even though they both got spankings and know when Josh gets home, they will get a spanking from him, too, and to top it off they lost movie privileges for the day. I explained the choices and consequences to them multiple times and then made them tell me which choice they chose and the consequences accompanying the choice. It was so sad to hear them say, I am choosing not to take a nap. That means two spankings and no movies today. I really wanted them to do the right thing and reap the positive consequences. I know this was not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but it made an impression on me...when I choose to do something I know is wrong, I can imagine how God is reacting, yearning for me to do what I know is right to spare me from the negative consequences.

2 comments:

Ariana said...

So sad! Did they ever sleep? When I kept other peoples kids, even if they didn't nap, they had rest hour. Cora has no concept of that yet, but she is a fierce nap resister so I am pretty sure it's in our future.

Busy Nothings said...

no, they never went to sleep...which became very apparent about 6:30 that evening! The rest time doesn't work well for them...they don't seem rested or happy for the evening, but we will see...just taking it one day at a time.