Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Ruffin' it











We went on our first family camping trip last week. Josh had never been tent camping and the kids have never camped at all. We went up to Lake Murray for the week and had a blast. Will said about a million times, " I love camping!"

It was wonderful to leave the hustle and bustle of the world behind us for a few days and just experience the peace of God and the beauty of His creation.

We roasted marshmallows, watched the stars, studied God's word, talked and spent time together, cooked in the cast iron dutch ovens...best stew ever...good pie and cornbread, too!! All in all, I think this was our best family vacation yet.

Josh's parents and grandma came up on Saturday to spend the day and Will and Allie got to fish with Grandpa...they both caught little fish :)

2 comments:

The Foshee's said...

Very cute pictures. You guys look like you had lots of fun. I can't wait to take Carson camping.

Christi Malunowe said...

Very cute...I like the one that shows Will holding his jeans up!