All of these words sum up the conflict I am experiencing. I agreed to watch those two little girls, but after one day, I am not sure I can do it. I replied to the request without really thinking about it...I just did it, and I am not sure why. I don't know if that was God pushing me to serve, or it was me hoping for a little extra money, or it was me wanting to make someone else happy.
Is this a situation where God wants me to get out of my comfort zone and really sacrifice myself and my time to help someone else?
Is this me, just wanting to help, but not being capable of helping without hurting the comfort of my own family?
When God pushes us out of our comfort zones, I know it can be tough. I also know that it will never be more than I can handle. Is this something I need to just deal with and get through one day at a time, or should I think better of it and opt out?
I am praying about it and I did some word studies today on service, sacrifice, helping others, and doing good. Surprise surprise, everything we do is to be done for God. We are doing what we do to bring Him glory....I know that, but I am really bad about doing things for people and for me rather than for God.
Basically, sacrifice is to be made only for the sake of serving God. If my motives are not pure and solely to glorify God through this service, then it is an undesirable offering...YIKES!
Service is similar, service is for God...to glorify Him. We are to minister to one another's needs, though, and James 4:17 says "Therefore, to one who knows the right thing to do, and does not do it, to him it is sin." HARSH! I know that I have to be reasonable, but again, if I feel it is the right thing to do...I need to do it.
Prov. 3:27 says "Do not withhold good from those whom it is due, when it is in your power to do it."
After reading, praying, and talking to a couple of people about it...I think I know what I am going to do.
I am still going to pray about it for a while just to make sure I am listening like I should, but I will let you know what I decide.
I am working on living Eph. 5:15-17 "Therefore, be careful how you walk, not as unwise men, but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is."
and Gal. 6:9-10 " and let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not grow weary. So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all men, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith."
Have a great night, and thanks for your endurance if you stuck with me through this post!
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I needed to read this. I thank you for posting this. It was exactly what I needed. It is so cool how the Lord uses things that you struggle with to reach someone else. You are awsome and I am glad you are my friend!!
Post a Comment