Thursday, June 4, 2009

sewing machine meme

What brand and model do you have?

Janome Jem Silver

How long have you had it?

6 years

How much does that machine cost (approximately)?

don't know...it was a gift

What types of things do you sew (i.e. quilting, clothing, handbags, home dec projects, etc.)?

quilting, clothing, handbags, home dec projects, all of the above :)

How much do you sew? How much wear and tear does the machine get?

I sew a lot! The machine gets about 10 hours of wear and tear a week.

Do you like/love/hate your machine? Are you ambivalent? Passionate? Does she have a name?

I really really like my machine...it is a little small for quilting big things, but it is a great machine.

What features does your machine have that work well for you?

My machine is a basic machine, but it works really well and sews like a dream.

Is there anything that drives you nuts about your machine?

nope

Do you have a great story to share about your machine (i.e., Found it under the Christmas tree? Dropped it on the kitchen floor? Sewed your fingernail to your zipper?, Got it from your Great Grandma?, etc.!)? We want to hear it!

I got my machine for Christmas from my mother-in-law the first Christmas we were married. I made both of my kids baby blankets on it. It is neat that I could do that.

Would you recommend the machine to others? Why?

I would recommend it. It is smaller than a regular machine and very portable.

What factors do you think are important to consider when looking for a new machine?

I would really like to have something that embroiders and that has programmed quilt patterns.

Do you have a dream machine?

no

No comments: